Filed under: Manga, Naruto, Thoughts | Tags: Author: Myrrn, Naruto, Naruto Chapter 469
Alright, we all know what happened in the latest Naruto chapter. Very unenthusiastic Sakura confession, Naruto calls her bluff: not surprising. However, what surprised me was the large number of people who attacked Sakura for this. Then again that might just be because alot of people hate Sakura no matter what she does. Yeah, it wasn’t the best way to do things, but alot of people were pushing her into this. Let me put out a very broad timeline to put this into perspective.
1) Naruto gets beat up by Raikage escort, then bows to Raikage -
2) Sai tells Sakura that the only reason Naruto is getting beat up and protecting Sasuke is because of her and her promise.
3) Shikamaru and the rest tell Sakura that Konoha cannot protect Sasuke, since he’s a criminal, and they need to preserve the peace between countries-
4) Sakura tells them to let her convince Naruto to stop protecting/chasing him-
5) Sakura tries to tell Naruto that the promise doesn’t matter anymore by confessing to him.
Seems like a logical progression of events to me. Yes, Naruto is not chasing Sasuke solely because of his promise to Sakura, but also because he thinks of Sasuke as a brother. Sakura didn’t think he was either, but than Sai pretty much attacked her about it, and told her it was basically all her fault. Keep in mind this is right after he gets the crap beaten out of him by the Raikage’s people, so she was easily convinced about it. Right after that, Shikamaru jumps in and tells her that Sai’s right, and that Team 7 has to stop protecting Sasuke. She then agrees to convince Naruto, since she now thinks she’s the one who caused him the most pain (thanks to Sai). That leads to this chapter, where she tries to stop Naruto from protecting Sasuke.
Yes, it was a stupid way to do it, but it’s the only way she can think of since Naruto never has been one to listen to reason. Jiraiya, Itachi, and Pain have tried to talk some sense into him but he doesn’t care. Explaining it to him rationally would never work. Being able to protect both Konoha and Sasuke is part of his “Ninja Way,” as he once said himself. So yes, be annoyed at her for her choice of “how” to convince him, but don’t be surprised at why.
5 Comments so far
Leave a comment